ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter Holiday Paintings


My Grade 4/5/6 students recently finished these large scale paintings for our school's annual Winter Concert. These are done on 18 x 24" paper. The kids first measured out a thick border (about 2" or so). Then, inside the border they drew a winter or holiday themed image of their choice. I encouraged them to keep it large, bold and simple for time's sake (we were on a bit of a time crunch to get these finished in tome for the concert!). Of course, a couple students went super small and detailed and didn't manage to finish in time as a result unfortunately.


Once everything was painted (using tempera), they outlined their image with a China marker (my new obsession though they are a pain to sharpen). Once they were finished painting and outlining them, they had to include some type of pattern in the border. Once dry, I added glitter to the border and hot-glued on a large red festive bow. 









Here they are hung up at our venue for the concert.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...