ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Olaf!


This is a perfect winter art lesson for all the "Frozen" fans out there. My Grade 3 students loved this project! To start off, I put a photo of Olaf up on my big screen TV. The students were able to refer to this while they did a pencil drawing of Olaf. 


One student also brought in her Olaf stuffie, so we had him up on display for reference as well :)


Once Olaf was drawn, I showed students how to lightly shade one side of him 
using a grey coloured pencil. Then we cut him out.

We then worked on the background- we drew three layers on light blue construction paper: the sky, some simple hills and a frozen pond. We coloured this using chalk pastels and varying the direction of our line: diagonal for the shy, curved lines for the hills and horizontal lines for the ice. 
We blended, blended and blended some more with our fingers.




Then Olaf was glued on- use white glue because glue sticks didn't work for us.

My sample


We cut out arms and 'hair' using brown paper.

They came out so cute and happy!














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...